Experience the Bold, Fresh Flavor of Wild-Caught Matiz Sardines
Wild-caught in the waters of Spain, Italy, and Croatia and hand-packed in Galicia in northern Spain, Matiz sardines are considered one of the finest sardines available in the world. Prized for their plump, tender texture and rich flavor, they are hand-packed fresh from the ocean in sunflower oil and a touch of lemon.
Spain has a rich culinary history that is largely centered around seafood. This seems only natural given that the country is surrounded on three sides by water. While fishing and trapping seafood is an age-old tradition, processing and preserving the catch can be dated back to the time of the Romans when facilities were built for drying and salting the fish. Although our producers at Connorsa have experienced a significant amount of growth since the company was founded in 1985 they continue to pride themselves on utilizing traditional methods, while fusing them with modern day technology in order to provide quality products.
- WILD CAUGHT – Off the coast of Spain in the Eastern Atlantic using traditional fishing methods that protect biological life-cycles.
- PLUMP AND TENDER – 3-5 sardines per tin, these aren’t your tiny Sardines.
- PIRI PIRI PEPPERS – Packed in Spanish Olive Oil and Piri Piri Chili Peppers.
- NUTRIENT DENSE –Naturally high in calcium, sardines are packed to the gills of vitamins, minerals and proteins making it an excellent source of nutrients.
- EASY ON-THE-GO PROTEIN – Easy open lid pull-tap is convenient for hikes, travel or at home with avocado and onion.